1/9/12

Kale chips.

I always read about kale used in many recipes but I wasn't really aware of the taste of it (it is obvious because I don't think there's such a thing in Greece) till recently. Now that I find it constantly at the market and acknowledging the fact that I always wanted to try it, I end up with this chips recipe and I have to admit it is the most unexpected, yummiest and most effortless thing to do. It is one of those things you don't know what to expect (and you really don't expect much) till you try it. Also great for a night snack! ;)


KALE CHIPS (via door16)

1 large bunch kale
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp lemon juice
fine sea salt
Preheat oven to 300°F.Wash and thoroughly dry kale. Cut out the thick center stalk, then cut into bite-sized pieces (I just do this with kitchen scissors—you don’t need to be precise).In a large bowl, combine kale, olive oil, and lemon juice. Make sure the olive oil gets all over the kale.Spread the kale in a single layer on a couple of cookie sheets. Sprinkle with salt. Bake for 20-30 minutes. The time will vary depending on the amount of moisture in your kale. You want the kale to get nice and crispy and dark. Just keep a close eye on it and make sure it doesn’t burn.

No comments: