1/19/11

Fish parcels

{almost ready fish parcel}


Never had I realised how much I like salmon. There are times when I can eat it even two times in a week. So I keep looking for different ways to cook it. Here is one I am mostly proud I found, mainly because it is so simple and yet so delicious. It is also ideal for barbecue! If you like salmon, you really should try this out.
You will need:

4 salmon steaks
1/2 lemon, sliced
1 onion, sliced into rings
4 fresh dill sprigs
4 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp chopped parsley
salt and pepper

Preheat the barbecue or grill oven. Cut out 4 squares of aluminium foil, each large enough to enclose a fish steak. Place the salmon on the foil and top with the lemon slices, onion rings and dill sprigs (I added some ginger too!). Fold up the sides of the foil. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of parsley into each parcel and season with a little salt and pepper. Fold over the edges of the foil securely. Cook the fish parcels over for 15 minutes, turning once. Transfer the fish parcels to plates and unwrap. Serve immediately. Good luck!


{unwrapped salmon parcel}

1 comment:

Míriam Juan-Torres said...

Salmon is actually my favourite fish, I love it :)
xx